The Lifelong Learning Institute at Vassar College offers a broad range of non-credit educational courses and activities to members 55 and over at a minimal cost. Classes are taught by volunteer members, retired and active faculty, and outside experts. Vassar LLI is a volunteer-run organization. It is designed for adults who love to learn and who wish to contribute to the larger community in their pursuit of knowledge.
Vassar LLI is committed to forming a community that will advance the education of its members in a collaborative fashion. Most classes will be conducted in small groups to promote discussion, informed by the interests and knowledge of both volunteer instructors and LLI members.
As a member-run organization, we seek applicants who can make a commitment as both learners and contributors to our community.
Membership Application for 2019-2020 is closed.
Fall 2019 CATALOG (PDF-to download)
List of Fall 2019 courses and class locations
Spring 2020 schedule: March 6(Orientation), 13, 20, 27, April 3 (April 10-Good Friday-no classes), 17, 24, May 1, 8
- February 1 -Spring 2020 Catalog available on Website
- February 10-24-Course Registration
- March 6-Orientation
- March 10-17-Add/Drop Period: If you wish to change your course registration, you will be able to do so between these dates.
- May 8-General Membership Meeting and Cocktail Party
- New Membership fee: $150
- Deadline for Presenter submission for Spring 2020: November 30, 2019
- For Council meeting dates please check our calendar