The Lifelong Learning Institute at Vassar College offers a broad range of non-credit educational courses and activities to members 55 and over at a minimal cost. Classes are taught by volunteer members, retired and active faculty, and outside experts. Vassar LLI is a volunteer-run organization. It is designed for adults who love to learn and who wish to contribute to the larger community in their pursuit of knowledge.
Vassar LLI is committed to forming a community that will advance the education of its members in a collaborative fashion. Most classes will be conducted in small groups to promote discussion, informed by the interests and knowledge of both volunteer instructors and LLI members.
As a member-run organization, we seek applicants who can make a commitment as both learners and contributors to our community.
Membership Application for 2019-2020 is closed.
- Fall 2019 class dates: Sept. 27, Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25, Nov. 1, 8, 15
- Sept.20-Orientation; Nov. 15-Cocktail Party
- June 1 - June 30: New Membership Applications
- August 9 - Catalog available on the website
- Course Registration: August 25-September 8
- Add/Drop Perioid: September 20-30. If you wish to change your registration, you will be able to do so between these dates.
- New Membership fee: $150
- Deadline for Presenter submission: July 1, 2019
- General Council Meetings: August 30, 2019-10am, October 15, 2019-3pm
- Executive Committee Meetings: July 5, 2019-9am